Submission 101 and Formatting 101 - On Campus
Students who are completing a dissertation, thesis, or report are invited to join the Graduate School to learn about the resources available to them to assist in scheduling their defense, formatting their documents, and submitting their documents. In one afternoon, you can learn everything you need to be successful and complete your degree in a timely fashion! Faculty and staff who assist students with submissions are also welcome to attend. Attend the entire event, or stop in for the seminar that interests you.
- When: January 23, 2018, 1 - 5pm (see detailed schedule below)
- Who: Students completing a dissertation, thesis or report; faculty and staff who assist students with submission
- Where: Forestry G002; the Forestry Atrium will have snacks and seating for breaks or live online
- 1 - 2pm - Submission 101
Learn what is required to submit your document to the Graduate School and the deadlines for the upcoming semester. Best for students who are completing their degree this semester or next semester.
- 2 - 2:45pm - Formatting 101: Using the Guide and Word Template
Learn how to find what you need in the Guide and use a Word template to create a perfectly formatted document the first time. LaTeX resources will be referenced, but not emphasized.
- 2:45 - 3pm: Break
Enjoy snacks in the Atrium and network with other attendees
- 3 - 4pm: Formatting 102: Copyright for your dissertation, thesis, and report
Learn how to use copyrighted materials in your document, including papers you have published as well as materials created by someone else.
- 4-4:45pm: Formatting 103: Checking and fixing your document
Learn how to use Adobe Acrobat to check your document to ensure it meets our formatting requirements and correct it without recreating the PDF.
- 4:45 - 5pm: Final questions
Have a question that hasn't been answered yet? We'll be available to answer any additional questions you have.